Home Button  Buy Button 

Topic:   Used In Incorrect

By: MatthewPosted on: Nov 29 2019 at 12:32:39 PM
How do i remove an incorrect "used in" part? i have a component that is showing as being used in another component not an assembly?????? Not sure why it is there but it clearly is not possible. I have already sent you a copy of my dB take a look at used in of component 710003 and you will see a component listed.

By: StephenPosted on: Nov 29 2019 at 03:38:42 PM
Matthew, Have you tried syncing the database in Tools?

By: GuestPosted on: Nov 30 2019 at 03:00:34 AM
Mathew - is it possible that that other component - Is it possible that that maybe used to be an assembly and you've changed its type to PART so it no longer appears as an assembly but it still contains components?

By: GuestPosted on: Dec 4 2019 at 12:21:25 PM
I had that exact same problem, I changed the part back to an assembly item then removed the components and then changed it back to a part. That seemed to sort out the linked items related to a part.

By: Markus USRoboticsPosted on: Dec 5 2019 at 03:51:42 AM
I use this feature intentionally.

I have a few sub assemblies where I subcontract the assembly out to other local companies. In my own MRP/Work orders, shortage reports etc. I want to treat these as normal components that I buy from outside.

But I'm still responsible for the design and specification of components used by the subcontractor so I do need occasional access to the parts list/bom.

So. I originally created the assembly as an assembly. Printed the BOM. Sent the BOM to the sub contractor and then, in my minimrp, change the item to PART. Now I or other members of my team never see that in my system as an assembly. Our MRP smply tells the buyer to buy it when needed.

Occasionally I update the BOM. So, change it back to ASSY. edit it, print it out, send the new BOM to the subcontractor and change it back to PART.

The above is perfect for our needs and I wouldn't want that to be changed.

By: MatthewPosted on: Dec 5 2019 at 05:59:34 PM
Yes, I did re-sync the dB and the problem persisted.
The part in question has always been a component and never an assembly.
I fixed the problem by deleting the part and re-entering it.
I also use the basic switch between assy and part type, because on my PCBAs I need to keep the BOM but I purchase the whole assembly from an outside source so it is a buy part.
Thanks for all the feedback

Reply - add a comment to this topic.

You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.

Topic:- Used In Incorrect

Enter the numbers.

Your name here is optional