|Posted on: Feb 21 2019 at 12:42:38 AM
|Hi, would it be possible to add the quoted price from the supplier to the RFQ, I usually send RFQ's to three different suppliers, it would be good to record there prices for future reference.
A tick box on each line to select which items are copied to the order would be great.
|Posted on: May 12 2020 at 12:37:53 PM
|I agree with Steve above. Is there any plan to add this functionality?
|Posted on: May 13 2020 at 05:35:59 AM
|The RFQ feature is quite new. It didn't exist at all in an previous version. So this is the kind of feedback we're waiting for.
Currently the RFQ doesn't have a column showing prices.
1. When we create a new RFQ should we add a 'price' column?
2. Should that price column be empty? I suppose the supplier could hand-write the prices into that column and fax the RFQ sheet back to you.
3. That price column should be editable by you so you can record the supplier's quote - assuming the RFQ was not converted to a PO you'd be able to keep that RFQ for future reference
4. As well as converting an RFQ into a PO - should we allow an RFQ to be 'copied' into a PO. So, create a PO based on an RFQ but keep the RFQ for future reference.
Thanks guys :)
|Posted on: May 13 2020 at 07:44:30 AM
Also copy an RFQ to new RFQ and choose different supplier, I often send the same RFQ to three suppliers.
|By: Ken at DTS
|Posted on: May 16 2020 at 03:08:00 PM
|Hello, and thank you for the opportunity for feedback.
Yes, please add an editable price column as a place to store the supplier's response in the database. Some RFQs are converted to POs, but many are not; we would like to keep the RFQ for future reference.
|Posted on: Jul 12 2023 at 11:40:17 AM
|I was going to make a new post but I am going to add my 2 cents to this conversation on changes we would like to see to the RFQ functionality.
1. When you view a Pending RFQ there should be a column to enter the quoted price for a given line and then there should be some option to push these prices to the supplier price table. This column could be there when you make a new RFQ but we would just leave it blank when the RFQ is created. This functionality would make updating/inputting pricing very convenient. Right now we must go into each part individually and add/update the pricing for each quantity that we have had quoted. Being able to do this from the RFQ would probably make us use the RFQ functionality more.
2. When converting an RFQ to a PO it would be really nice if you could select the line items you want moved over. Many times we will quote several different quantities but we only end up ordering at one quantity. Right now we have to convert to a PO and then delete a bunch of line items and then enter the quoted price. Also, currently it does not seem to be correctly pulling the price for the quantity on the PO. It appears to be pulling the price information in the order it is entered and not matching up with the corresponding minimum order quantities.
3. As Steve mentioned above the ability to "Save As" one RFQ and change the supplier would be a great feature.
After you convert an RFQ to a PO it seems to remove the record of the RFQ from the pending list? If item 1 above is added it would be very nice to keep a record of these RFQs and the pricing.
|Posted on: Jul 29 2023 at 02:22:38 PM
|Michael. Your questions
#1 No. We don't want to update supplier price based off of an RFQ. We'll update the supplier price when the item is actually ordered and received at that price.
#2 Yes. I agree. Ability to select rows to be kept. Default will be all rows with the ability to unselect rows before converting to a PO
#3 Yes. Ability to clone an RFQ to multiple suppliers as well as the ability to 'copy' an RFQ into a PO instead of always converting.
Can I say we'll look at these things towards the end of this year.
Reply - add a comment to this topic.
You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.