Topic: Manufacturer name not changing after updating supplier details
|By: Dave||Posted on: Mar 23 2021 at 06:06:09 PM|
|I changed a manufacturer (supplier) name under the contacts section. In the component details->suppliers section I can see the the new (MFG) supplier's updated name, but when in the all components table, when trying to filter under manufacturer, it still shows the old manufacturer name. After going in and making a fake change and saving it, the manufacturer name is updated in the all components table.|
Looking at the db it seems the components table includes the MfrID link to the supplier, but also text for the supplier name, so I'm assuming the MfrID data is used in the component details, but the text is used for the all component table to save on some database querying?
I'm sure this doesn't happen often, but a manufacturing company name changed, everything about the parts are identical including PN.
I probably will try to export and reimport these components to see if I can update the name that way. I believe the way it is now is not ideal since it is showing what should be the same data from two different sources.
|By: Support||Posted on: Mar 24 2021 at 04:50:52 AM|
|This sounds like a rare thing that used to happen a few revisions ago.|
Check the version you're using.
Maybe go to the downloads page and just download the latest version anyway.
Check to see if the problem is still there ie make a change to a manufacturer's data, save, see if the change is reflected in all other parts of the software, BOM etc.
|By: Dave||Posted on: Mar 25 2021 at 09:20:14 AM|
|I was on 220.127.116.11 (S), I installed 18.104.22.168 (S) and a change still doesn't update the all component table unless I go into the part and save again. I exported the affected parts and imported with update to just the manufacturer and it made the change to the all components table. Then I just deleted the old manufacturer (supplier) name and it removed the old supplier from the component record. Not ideal, but at least a work around.|
|By: David||Posted on: Mar 25 2021 at 06:18:34 PM|
|After looking at it again, I feel if this was actually a supplier for us and not just a manufacturer it probably would have created problems deleting the supplier like that, but we never used that manufacturer directly for purchases.|
|By: Support||Posted on: Mar 26 2021 at 03:23:28 AM|
I installed 22.214.171.124 (S) and a change still doesn't update the all component table
That's strange. I thought that was fixed. After changing the supplier data you do need to click the 'save' button. Also, when you return to an already open Components list you may need to refresh or reload the list to see very recent changes.
But I assume you are doing it right and that the problem is still there. I'll have it looked at ASAP.
Reply - add a comment to this topic.
You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.