Topic: Edit part from assembly
|By: Guest||Posted on: Apr 25 2018 at 04:53:18 PM|
|I'm looking at getting this for our company and I have a couple of questions or feature request if it's not possible currently:|
1) In the Assembly Editor it would be easier if there was an edit part option; a lot of time I see something wrong and I just can't edit the part without opening the inventory again and searching for that part; it would be much easier to click and edit from there.
2) See the price of the individual part in the Assembly Editor so I can work out what part's responsible for the biggest cost (and also sorting there).
3) Being able to see pictures or other links (PDFs) in assemblies or part lists.
4) In the multilevel BOM there are costs for each part but not sub-assemblies??
Other than those minor inconveniences I like the software quite a bit.
|By: Guest||Posted on: Apr 26 2018 at 03:32:55 PM|
|1) if you're adding a part to an assembly and notice something wrong with the part such as incorrect description. Then don't worry at that moment. Just add the part and carry on working in the assembly editor to finish the assembly.|
You can edit the part any time later and the assembly will pick up the change automatically.
|By: Ken at DTS||Posted on: Apr 27 2018 at 08:59:16 AM|
|3) In the "View Indented PartsList/BOM" screen, you can see the links for each part in an assembly. But first, you have to enable the "Links" column using "blue wrench -> Show/Hide Columns". I don't think that there is a way to view links from the "Edit Parts List" screen.|
4) To see the costs for each part, "blue wrench -> Multi Level BOM". To see the costs for the level 1 sub-assemblies, "blue wrench -> Single Level BOM". I don't know of a way to view the cost of a child sub-assembly on level 2 or below from the "View Indented PartsList/BOM" screen.
|By: Guest||Posted on: Apr 27 2018 at 03:51:15 PM|
|1) You don't worry about it and then forget; it would be super handy to edit from the Assembly.|
3) I tried that, it adds a column without a name and then when you click on the empty column header it gives me an exception (Index was out of range) - currently I have no links so maybe this is causing that??
4) Yeah I figured out that you have to go the single level BOM, would be nice to see it in multi-level as well but not a big deal.
|By: Support||Posted on: May 2 2018 at 10:16:21 AM|
|3) Index Out Of Range Exception.|
Thank you for the 'heads up' om that. Something we need to fix in the next update.
Reply - add a comment to this topic.
You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.