I have a part that shows a $20.00 cost on the component view, but when i look at both an inventory report and an assembly where the component is used it shows a $2.00 cost?????????????????? This is a major issue for me. How does this get fixed? this now makes me wonder about all costing in the system. How can i determine if there are other components with the same issue??
Posted on: Sep 5 2019 at 12:27:02 PM
In the Item Detail window you have the 'supplier' tab. In there you can set the item price and other supply criteria such as supplier's UOM. What do you have in there?
For example if the cost is $20 and the "Qty Per UOM" is 10 then it's assumed it's a box or other container containing a quantity of 10 items per box. If the BOX contains 10 units then of course the price for one unit is $2.
Check the detail/Supplier UOM. What is that set to?
If you're stuck can you make a backup of your database and send it to us here and we'll take a look and get right back to you.
Posted on: Sep 5 2019 at 04:42:16 PM
The Supplier tab was set up correctly. I corrected the issue by changing the cost ($40) on the Supplier tab and then changing it back to ($20) the correct value. Not sure why I had to do this. Any ideas?
Posted on: Sep 5 2019 at 09:44:37 PM
Was that item ever available at $2 ? Just wondering where the $2 came from. For example if the price was changed or an old $2 supplier was deleted and the BOM hung on to the old supplier's price.
What version of the software do you have?
If ever you notice things like that the first thing to do is a 'ReSync'.
Menu, Bottom left corner menu, Database Utilities, Check/reSync.
If you restore an old database or import new items or use the CSV import to bulk update supplier prices then running the resync is usually a god idea.
Once everything is working it should keep things in sync automatically but I suppose if there was a network error or computer crash half way through an update something could get out of sync. It really shouldn't be necessary though and if you do notice things are getting out of sync please do send us an email.
Posted on: Sep 9 2019 at 05:20:48 PM
The part cost was never $2.00. It was $18 and then increased to $20. I am not sure where the $2 came from. I had done a re-sync and the problem persisted. After that I did the cost change and that corrected it. I am running version 220.127.116.11
Reply - add a comment to this topic.
You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.